Building trust with your customers is critically important online. If your site visitors don’t trust you, they won’t buy from your site. Period.
That’s why a lot of eCommerce sites choose a Symantec Verisign SSL certificate. It’s the gold standard SSL. Customers recognize the Norton Verisign Trust Seal, and know that they’re safe to complete their online purchase.
Verisign isn’t perfect by any means. Verisign SSL certificates are expensive. They are the luxury, high-end of the SSL marketplace. Our opinion is if you run a bigger sized eCommerce site, then splurge and buy a Symantec Verisign SSL. Just do it. The increase in customer trust that leads directly to higher conversion rate is worth it.
*** Verisign is known for having the most trusted EV SSL by customers. Try a Free 30 day trial of Verisign’s EV SSL now. ***
Verisign SSLs include a lot of features such as:
- The Verisign SSL certificate includes the Verisign Trust seal, which you can place on your website. The Trust Seal on your site shows your site visitors that your site is safe because the Verisign Trust seal is the most recognized stamp of trust on the internet. It is used by more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies and more than 80% of the 500 largest online commerce web sites in North America.
- The in-search Verisign Trust Seal. The Verisign Trust Seal not only appears on your website but also beside your link on all search results. This means that your site will easily stand out from all of the other search results and will help raise your click-through on your search engine marketing campaigns.
- A daily website scan for Malware. Verisign scans all of your public pages for malware everyday when you buy a Verisign SSL. If any malware is detected, you will immediately be informed through email. This is one of the benefits of the recent Verisign security and Symantec company merger.
- The Verisign Trust Center. Verisign makes it very convenient for you to keep track of and manage all of your different SSL certificates through this Trust Center.
- Reliable technical support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The 4 types of VeriSign SSL certificates available are:
- Secure Site Pro EV. This is the most comprehensive SSL certificate you can have. This is the “make your browser bar green” extended validation SSL certificate. A $250,000 warranty is also included.
- Secure Site Pro. This certificate offers everything that the Secure Site Pro EV provides except for the extended validation.
- Secure Site. This is the most basic certificate. It provides a minimum of 40 bit encryption but it could still reach up to 256 bit encryption. It has the Verisign Trust seal and it offers a warranty of $100,000.
- Secure Site EV. This certificate is similar to the Secure Site certificate with the addition of the green Extended Validation address bar.